Friday, January 12, 2007

It Takes Guts to be a Med Student

This last week, and also in the upcoming two weeks, we had the priviledge to actually dissect and explore the guts in anatomy lab. Its funny but that's actually what the digestive system is referred to as - the "gut tube."It is after all just one big tube with some different shapes and variations in between. Of course there are a couple notable other "glands" as well (i.e. - pancreas, liver). Though I never would have predicted it, I have to say that this lab was one of the most exciting labs I've had yet. It makes a person question their moral character when they are enjoying identifying different parts on someone's colon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Jeff you don't need to question your character. I remember the GI tract being interesting in physiology, especially when learning it really is just a single tube from mouth to butt...and that anything in the tube is, in a sense, "outside" your body. That kind of seemed profound when I learned that. Anyway, I hope you're doing well in the frozen nord'.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Chris Hill said...

You should take the GI tract out of a cadaver and put it back in backwards. Then you can sew the guy up and hide in the corner as you see the new med students do their first dissection. You can watch and laugh at their utter confusion.

This would be one of the funniest things ever and I think you definitely should do it.

Also, I think your obsession with the poop-maker is gross.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home