Monday, October 16, 2006

one block down, seven to go . . . and two more years

okay, i'll be honest, i've probably never cried as frequently as i have in the past two months since junior high (another story for anyone who's interested). that undoubtedly sounds awkward, perhaps humorous, but i'm not ashamed. moving to a place where i don't want to be, where i do not know anyone, and, oh yeah, where i started medical school has been stressful to say the least (did i mention that i've been out of school for the past couple years and am a global studies major?). don't get me wrong, i'm so grateful to be in my position and to have these stresses, but sometimes life gets so overwhelming that any ability for you to see what you have gets scewed. i know that anyone in grad school can relate, but i think it applies to others as well.
it's good to have one block under my belt. i think i'm actually going to make it through this med school stuff. beer anyone?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Hi Jeff,
I'm posting a comment here just like you requested. You can bet I'll definitely be keeping tabs on the progress of your medical education.
Jordan

11:46 PM  
Blogger jefe said...

thank you for your comments. at least it looks like i have friends now. hey, i'll post more interesting comments in the future, mostly what i'm learning in med school, save the goary details - unless your interested in that sort of thing

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you Jeff! Yup, it's sort
of sensory deprivation outside in the
Red River Valley this time of year.
We need sunshine, warmth and longer
days! Friends, family, god, positive
thinking, excersize,pool,outlest whatever.

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job Jeff...I can start asking you for free medical advice? ;)

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff Nelson!!!! I haven't even read your blog yet in my utter excitment when I saw that you have a blog! Yay!

5:16 PM  
Blogger jefe said...

this weekend marks the beginning of my weekly medical education (and whatever the heck else i feel like writing) blog. this week - the immune system, part 1. to find out what i'll be writing you'll just have to tune in saturday or sunday. excited? riveted? pulling your hair out? ahhh . . . patience my little one.

9:13 PM  
Blogger chen said...

I found your blog through Jordan's, which is the epicenter of all blogs. I'm glad you get to start living out your dreams as Dr. Nelson and remember...doctors get free beer and hot chicks once they are debt free, which could be 20 years from now :-)

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well Jefe, you always have my shoulder to cry on and someone to drink a beer with!

7:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jefe... just call me for a hug and a kiss anytime you need a little lovin' from good ole Minnesota!!! We love you here and we are very proud of your perseverance and determination to trust God for getting in this position, so I'm confident that you can continue to trust him THROUGH the process and you walk with him.
I love you!!! ~Biso

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home